Monday, June 23, 2008

Anyone feel like a run?

We survived another year!
PASS THE BALM!  You rock!! 
This is such a fun race (really)!  It is hard to imagine being in a car for over 24 hours and not eating, not sleeping and running in 95 degree weather but we had such a great time.  It really is about being with your friends and supporting and cheering everybody to do their best.
BJ and Joni showing off their awesome shirts!
I did it...barely!  This was the hardest leg of my life.  I felt like I was going to die.  I had a good little cry and then when I got it all out and had some time to calm down I was very excited to be done and was very happy in my accomplishment.
Paul did a great job!  The race messed up his calves and shins and he is still walking a little sore.  Please be sympathetic when you see him hobbling down the street.

12 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Great job! Did you figure out how to move your pictures around?

Julie said...

What a fun time! Maybe next year we can run it together.

Mindy said...

Way to go!! It looks like you guys had tons of fun. Maybe next year I can be there too, I am sad that I am missing all the races this year!

Heather said...

The melt down may have made me laugh a little, but only in true repect for all of you who run these races. I'm glad you stuck to it and finished. WAY TO GO!! It's a good thing Julie and Mindy are going to be there next year, but as for me I can't say the same. Ha! :)

. said...

Paul you are Da MAN! Missed you golfing that day.

And wow my cousin is hot! Wait, what?

Kim said...

I truly am amazed at your determination. If that hill was hard for you it must of been a real BEAST! Way to go!!!

Colett (*.*) said...

I love the pic of you, strong skinny bod way to go!

Palinista! said...

Wow, what a fun little relaxing get away for yous guys. (If you want to read my real feelings, I commented them on Julie's blog :)

Hills said...

Hey Shauna, I just wanted to say how much I admire you finishing the race! Way to go! Maybe next year I'll attempt it, but don't hold me to it.

I need to get your email address and add it to my blog. I keep mine private.

You totally ROCK!

Hills said...

Oh sorry... this is Hillary Sanders :)

STEPHANIE said...

Replying to what you left on my blog...I have a SYTYCD post already on there for last week...you just need to scroll down a bit. I also still have it on my TIVO if you want to come watch it! Let me know because I will be more than happy to watch it again! It is even recorded downstairs.

Lisa said...

Hey Shauna! Mind if I blog-stalk you? This is Lisa (Hortin) Schader. Sometimes I swear Chandler is still 2 years old, so I apparently need to get caught up with your family. Your kids are so cute and you're hard core! Way to be an athlete! You are inspiring.