Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lake Powell






After getting home Saturday night from Hilton Head we washed clothes and packed up again to head out the next morning for Lake Powell.  We went with a bunch of people from Paul's work.  The kids had such a great time, it has been 10 years since we have been to Lake Powell and Paul and I forgot how much we love it.  Of course I now have the boating bug (I always have had it I just got it more) and really want to buy a boat. 
 
*Meagan enjoyed the boat rides the best, Chandler called her a "movie star" with her hair flapping in the breeze.  She just giggles and smiled the entire time and kept telling the driver to go faster.
*Courtnie made a new friend and the two of them did everything together.  She loved riding the tubes.
*Tyren enjoyed the wave runners the best, the tubes made him a little nervous when they hit the waves.
*Chandler tried knee boarding for the first time, by the end of the week he was going in and out of the wake

12 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Looks like so much fun!!!!

Terrace Crawford said...

Hilton Head! Love that place. I originate from SC... Just ran across your blog today.

Angela and Tyler said...

I freaking LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Lake Powell, I am glad you guys had a fun time!

Carolyn Hansen said...

You all look so happy together. Lake Powell is one of our favorite spots so....Ummm, when can our families go together?! What about next summer?

Kim said...

Looks like some great family fun. Lake Powell is Jason's favorite place on earth! I was impressed to see you and Paul out their knee boarding. You were WAY to generous with my kids for watering the flowers. They could do that anytime for their great neighbors without being paid. Glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute family and a fun family outing. Keep pushing for a family reunion there next summer -- that is after you buy a boat! We're in!

Tanya said...

Wow, look at you guys. Quite the traveling/active family. That is the way to be! I can say that bc we are not. Oh well, maybe in a few years when the kids get older. Sounds like you all had a great time and what a great start to summer.

Colett (*.*) said...

Do you guys plan on going on vacation every week this summer or what? Such spoiled brats you are! Looks like so much fun. I am emarrassed to admit I have never been to Lake Powell.

Heather said...

Love Lake Powell!! The lake always brings people together for so much fun. Your the super mom for completing two vacations with only one day in between. Awesome memories your creating for your family.

jeanette said...

I'm jealous of your vacations. I love Lake Powell too and I haven't been in years. The pictures are so cute, but where's the one of you in your bikini? Hilton head looks really nice too and who knew that one of the highlights of the trip would be playing card games?

Brooke said...

You guys had a blast! I have never been to Lake Powell. I am so glad that you finally went after 10 years!! Maybe one day I will go! Glad you guys had a great time!!

Palinista! said...

I used to love Lake Powell until I became a Vampire. I do shrivel and die in the sun . . . I'm waiting for my kids to be better swimmers before we go. Where were the water skiing pics? Knee boarding's for wimps!!