Wednesday, June 11, 2008

HILTON HEAD, SOUTH CAROLINA


So I know that it has been forever since you have heard from the Carters, but hopefully the following entries will let you know what we have been up to.  Paul and I kicked off the summer by heading to Hilton Head Island with our friends the Jensens.  It was a long day of traveling but well worth it!  It was such a fantastic trip to just relax and hang out with friends.  


Our highlights included:
*Working out everyday (a run on the beach, a bike ride on the beach, heading to the gym)
*Playing tennis (this was a huge highlight for me, I have never had so much fun.  I forgot how much I really love to play.  Anyone out there that wants to hit around give me a call.)
*Kayaking tour with Sandy (after I got over the initial fear that an alligator was not going to attack my boat I really enjoyed it)
*Golfing (this was a huge highlight for Paul, the last day there we all went golfing together and we had a great time.  Once again I wouldn't go near the water for fear that an alligator would come and attack me.  Have you seen Lake Placid?)
*Playing card games into the wee hours of the morning (and yes the boys won, but the girls gave them a run for the money.  Trust me you don't want to see Nate get mad)
*Reading and relaxing (I finished four books!)

As you can tell we had a great time!  Thanks Sandy and Nate for inviting us you were fabulous company!!

8 comments:

Geremias Veiga said...

Parabens pelo seu blog,está muito bonito!!!!! Acesseo meublog.. http//geremiasveiga.blogspot.com//

STEPHANIE said...

How fun to have a little get away...we missed having you guys around.

Carolyn Hansen said...

Sounds like the perfect vacation. So glad you had such a wonderful time.

Kim said...

I am still a little bitter that you got a romatic getaway. I have come to the conclusion that Jason & I will be 75 before we take off together. Looked like fun. I am glad you got the guys to play games at night. I was hoping that you were going to take the week off of exercising. I didn't like to see that on your highlight list. What is up with your daughter taking mine on a joy ride across town? We will have to hide the keys to our real cars before long.

Julie said...

Like Kim I am a little bitter too, but for different reasons! Oh well, maybe one year we will all go on a trip together. Glad you had fun!

Heather said...

There's nothing better than a little fun in the sun with your hubby and good friends. I'm loving all the activities you were able to do because it was an all adult trip. It looks like great fun, glad you were all able to get away.

Lisa said...

You guys have been busy! I agree with Kim - what's up with you exercising while on va-ca. That's when I take my personal break from it. But then again if I had the beach I probably would do a little jog too. Glad you guys had fun.

Palinista! said...

I'm glad you had fun on your exercising vacay. Sandy told me a little bit about it, I love South Carolia. I'm sad you guys missed Charleston an American top 10 fave for sure. (but you guys prob had more fun exercising than you would've at the antebellum mansions eating rich southern cuisine!)