Thursday, January 22, 2009

SCAR FACE

I  know drop over dead but I am finally blogging something AGAIN!  Come on it has only been 2 months, nothing big really happens during these past months anyway. (Three kids birthdays, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, BB games, and parties) Ok so there may have been a few exciting things.  
Last week my mom made an appointment for me to finally get this red spot checked on my cheek that I have had for 2 years.  Yes, I know that is a long time!  Come to find out it is a type of skin cancer called "Basalosquamous Cell Carcinoma".  So they dug it out (the size of a quarter) last Thursday and I had to wear this lovely bandage for 2 days. 
I know it is pretty gross looking!  The doctor kept reassuring me that he would try and make the scar minimal.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Yesterday I got the stitches taken out and this is what it looks like.  Ok, you can admit it it still looks gross.  But as Paul put it, it is better than dying.  True!


Thanks Mom for making the appointment and making me go see the doctor. I really appreciate your love and concern for me.  (by the way my dad came in when they were sewing me up and started to cry)  I am glad my parents still care so much about me!

 Also just a friendly reminder to always cover up with sunscreen and keep yourself protected.  I feel like I am too young to be getting stuff like this happening to me already so just be safe and don't wait 2 years to get something checked out!

9 comments:

Joy said...

Good for you for getting that taken care of...and just think of the cool fun stories you can make up of how you got that cool scare!

Julie said...

Any scar is better than dying! That's for sure! You will always be adorable, even with a scar. Definitely keep putting on the sunscreen, cause I need my workout buddy around to help me look like a fool at the gym!

Mindy said...

That is scary! I'm glad you went and had it checked out, and I agree with Julie and Paul a little scar is better than dying. I doesn't even look bad anyways!

Anonymous said...

We love you (scar and all) and there's nothing you can do about it!

lisa said...

I never even noticed the red spot on your face anyways, so I'm sure the scar isn't as bad as you think. Yes, us "whiteys" definiately need to wear the sunscreen...your never to young to get skin cancer. Glad you got it taken care of.
BTW, welcome back to the blogging world...missed see ya!

Kim said...

You hid the whole thing very well. I'm glad you found time in your busy life to do something for yourself. (Visit the doc.) When I saw it I thought it looked like he did a great job. No one will ever notice. And you are beautiful scar or no scar! Glad you are posting again!

Enna Isilee said...

I think your scar is awesome. It would make you a really great character in a fantasy novel. ;) Perhaps I'll write you into my next one.

Rick said...

It must not look as bad as you say, because I haven't even noticed it. I'm glad you got it taken care of. Fun to see you blogging again :).

Anonymous said...

Chicks dig scars!!!